Your cart is currently empty!
Instead of a serious post, I decided to keep it lighthearted with an emergency preparedness plan for if all technology stopped working (my nightmare).
– Practice your best carrier pigeon impersonation.
– Keep a stock of paper and pens to send handwritten messages, complete with fancy calligraphy if feeling adventurous.
– Draw emojis to reference later and teach society of the way to express feelings through them
– Master the art of campfire cooking and become the next top chef on a stick.
– Trade your prized bottle cap collection for canned goods with neighbors.
– Embrace the trend of mismatched socks and bedsheet capes as the new style statement.
– Rock the “bedhead” hairstyle as hairdryers bid adieu.
– Learn to wash clothes in a stream or body of water.
– Find or create a body of water *facepalm emoji*
4. Gadget Withdrawals:
– Host a support group for reformed smartphone addicts, complete with therapy sessions featuring lively debates on the merits of rotary phones.
– Create and record a 12 step program for “tech anonymous” group.
5. Power Outage Party:
– Gather around the guy who can play “Wonderwall” on his acoustic guitar, teach and make up new songs.
– Organize unplugged dance parties and let loose your finest moves.
6. Map training:
– Conduct obstacle courses to practice navigating without GPS, featuring blindfolded “Pin the Tail on the Map” challenges.
7. DIY Delights:
– Explore Pinterest-worthy crafts by reading BOOKS and using materials not dependent on the electricity fairy.
– Make a functional solar charger using just a magnifying glass and a determined stare. What you can charge is beyond me, since nothing technological will work anyway.
8. Innovative Entertainment:
– Challenge the kids to a classic game of “Who Can Roll Down the Hill the Fastest Without Tumbling?”
– Hold an unplugged karaoke night with hairbrush microphones.
9. Fashionable Fitness:
– Introduce the trend of “manual treadmill” workouts – your legs are the motor! (Only attempt after playing and marketing the GPS training.
– Opt for manual push-ups; every push-up charges your imaginary device (cry about imaginary device later).
10. Emergency Aesthetics:
– Customize your emergency kit with glitter glue, stickers, and rainbow duct tape for that extra flair. YASSSS.
– Bedazzle your candles and rustic lanterns for a truly illuminated experience.
Remember, in the spirit of lightheartedness, the goal is to enjoy the process of adapting to a tech-free world and finding humor in the unexpected situations. Most of all, don’t die from Internet withdrawal (I’d definitely miss Internet the most).
Enjoyed reading? Please subscribe and check out my site/blog/shop/webcomic!